Student Web Filtering
In order to receive federal funding, Kerman Unified School District must remain compliant with the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA). To comply with CIPA, Kerman Unified is required to adopt and deploy technology protection measures. The protection measures must block or filter Internet access to content that is:
- child pornography;
- harmful to minors (for computers that are accessed by minors)
Kerman Unified must also implement tools that address:
- Access by minors to inappropriate matter on the Internet;
- The safety and security of minors when using electronic mail, chat rooms and other forms of direct electronic communications;
- Unauthorized access, including so-called “hacking,” and other unlawful activities by minors online;
- Unauthorized disclosure, use, and dissemination of personal information regarding minors; and
- Measures restricting minors' access to materials harmful to them.
In order to address the above needs, Kerman Unified deploys various Web Filtering tools that monitor and block content accessed by students. These tools are installed on all Kerman Unified owned student devices and communicate with on-premises and cloud based systems in order to facilitate this protection both on and off school campus.
For more information about CIPA, please visit the following link to FCC's website: