COVID-19 Dashboard (Positive Case Results)
All Kerman Unified schools are operating for in-person and online instruction with multiple health and safety measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. One element of our School Reopening Plan and COVID-19 Prevention Plan includes thorough contact tracing in the event of a confirmed positive case reported to our schools.
The Kerman Unified COVID-19 dashboard provides the community with a real-time reporting tool that reflects confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 reported to a School or Department of the District by a student or staff over a three-month period. Included in this Dashboard are confirmed positive cases reported by students onsite for in-person instruction, intervention/connectivity, or co-curricular programs; and staff members working onsite in any facility of the District, even if a case was contracted elsewhere.
This Dashboard will provide up-to-date information on positive COVID-19 reporting at all District locations. The Kerman Unified COVID-19 Dashboard is updated at the time a positive case report has been reviewed by the COVID-19 Prevention Plan Officer/Assistant Superintendent Personnel and is reported to the Fresno County Department of Public Health.
A “positive case” is defined as an individual who has been onsite and who has reported a positive COVID-19 test result to the District, and is reported in the Dashboard based on the month in which the positive test was taken by the individual (not the month in which the report was made to the District).
A determination about the temporary closure of a building or classroom due to the presence of positive COVID-19 cases is determined by the Fresno County Department of Public Health working with the KUSD Contact Tracing Team and Superintendent. A determination to temporarily relocate a class, building or Site to online due to staffing availability is made by the Assistant Superintendent Personnel in collaboration with Site or District Leadership.
The following process occurs in the case of a positive COVID-19 test of a Kerman Unified employee or student:
- The student or employee with a positive COVID-19 test reports to their school site or immediate supervisor a positive COVID-19 test result.
- The school site or supervisor will then notify the Assistant Superintendent Personnel
- Appropriate Contact Tracing is immediately initiated by Kerman Unifier’s trained Contact Tracing team.
- Disinfection of any identified locations related to the positive COVID-19 test is completed by the district sanitation-disinfection team.
- Assistant Superintendent Personnel will confirm the following communications and notifications take place:
- To the staff/student’s guardian who tested positive with information about available resources and processes for returning after appropriate isolation.
- To students or staff members who may have had close contact exposure as determined by contact tracing.